Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What to write as my first blog!?

 So, Where to start?
 I have never written a blog so far, and hope to not bore anyone to death (if there is anyone who will read this), but I always wanted to write about food, and share the joy of cooking, preparing and eating with others.
I went to Vocational High School for 2 years taking a Culinary course. Learning fast and quickly about Sanitation, FIFO, Prep, Food Bourne Illnesses, And most importantly how to read a recipe on your own! If you had a question, the teacher was not going to give it to you; you figure out what it says and do it.
 I have watched Rachael Ray from $10 a day, 30 Minute Meals, to The Rachael Ray Show and from her, I learned that you dont have to go to school to appreciate cooking, you have to have the want, for cooking and food, and this is what I have. My Father has been in the Kitchen, and outside at his grill.. I mean 3 grills, for as long as I can remember. Cooking up great family dinners (always a 5 course meal).  My Mother teaching me her family recipes, and some of my childhood favorites, that will just always taste better - when she makes them.  I think from them, is where my appreciation for food, and the Art of Cooking has come from. Theres a little history for you!  I will start posting, my ideas, my recipes, my disasters, and accomplishments. I will try new recipes, and buy new items i have not tried before. I will show you pictures and let you know how they work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment